Greg Dingel, Golf Course Manager/PGA Professional. Juniors 10 and under will play 3 to 6 holes each week and then receive instruction for their last 2 hours. Juniors 11 and over will receive instruction to start the day, followed by the opportunity to play 6-9 holes. Each clinic begins at 8:00 a.m. and runs through 12:00 noon with a short intermission available around 10:00 to allow the students time to purchase any snacks and cool off on those steamy days. Then juniors will return to the shelter to be picked up between 11:45 and 12:00.
These sessions are designed for boys and girls ages 7 to 13 who are interested in learning and enjoying the game of golf. Children must be 7 years old by at least July 1st. During instruction all aspects of the game will be covered including: etiquette, FUNdamentals, putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots, full swing irons, full swing woods, course management, and rules of the game.
SUMMER 2018 SESSION
This summer we will offer our normal junior program only on Wednesday. There will be a new program offered on Thursday for advanced players. The program will meet for 8 weeks beginning on June 6 and running through Aug. 1.
The price of the program is $200. This will include a year-end picnic (date TBA). Price also includes your entry to The Iowa Games Golf Tournament and is one of our junior golf days.
Fill out the registration form and return to Veenker Memorial Golf Course with your payment.
This program will be limited to 50 kids, so sign up as soon as possible. If you should have additional questions, please contact us.
PGA JUNIOR LEAGUE
PGA Junior League Golf (PGA JLG) is a nationwide program now offered on Thursday for advanced players. PGA JLG is designed to better socialize the game of golf for your golfers 13 and under. We will also have a team this year for the 13 to 16 age division. The program features a team-vs-team format in a structured league providing a popular low-stress scramble format.
PGA JLG is an inclusive program that encourages all skill levels. We suggest that players achieve a minimum basic level of competence in at least one discipline; driving, chipping or putting, before joining a team. Our scramble format provides a comfort zone for the developing player. For the accomplished Junior who may already be competing in individual tournaments, PGA JLG offers the opportunity to develop leadership skills in a team setting and most importantly, play on a team with friends. PGA JLG is a great way to get the entire family involved in golf, with parents as spectators, team-parents, and even coaches. Similar to other youth recreational sports, PGA JLG encourages and relies on parental involvement. In addition to making sure participants get to matches and practices, parents can play an important role in the success of their team as team captain/assistant, coach, team parent, match monitor/scorer or player recruitment.
SUMMER 2018 SCHEDULE
The regular season is eight weeks long from June 7 - Aug.2. One 9-hole competition is held per week (dates yet to be determined). Each competition is approximately three hours long. We will hold practice Thursday 8AM-12PM during the week. All-Star teams will play Regional events on weekends during July and August. These may involve some travel and overnight stay.
Chance to Compete Nationally
At the end of the season we will form an All-Star team and compete in a regional event. The team will have a chance to advance to the 2017 National Championship.
- 2-Team Jerseys
- Performance T-shirt
- PGA JLG Bag Tags
- 5-6 regular-season league competitions
- Instruction from a PGA Professional
- Team practices
- Drawstring Bag
- Opportunity for All-Star Advancement
- Access to the PGA JLG Website
- Green Fees/Range
Fill out the Registration form and return to Veenker with your payment.
VEENKER 72 TASK FORCE
Organized to break par, this is a year-long program provided in a structured format. We will cover all facets of the traditional golf game, plus tournament scheduling, player resume building, college recruitment mentoring and more.
- Junior tournament player interested in building their resume
- High school player looking to improve all aspects of their game and compete for state championships
- Accomplished player looking to play in college
During the School Year
- Minimum of one 18 hole round per week (Student must put score into GHIN)
- Minimum of one focused practice day per week
- Minimum of two 18 hole rounds per week
- Minimum of two structured practices per week (Thursday PGA JR and Friday task force only)
- Minimum of 4 tournaments ~ tournament options will be agreed upon by student and Greg
- Minimum of 8 volunteer days for Veenker Jr. Programs (Wednesday)
Cost: $1000 (Regular price is $2200)
- Veenker Junior Winter Program
- Thursday Junior Summer Program
- Season Pass
- Range access during practice and play days
- Player resume building
- College Recruitment Mentoring
- PGA Instruction
- GHIN Handicap
- Arccos Golf Performance Tracking for use while in program
- Veenker Task Force Polo
- Merchandise Discount - All students will receive discounts on any soft good and / or hard goods purchased from Veenker; all of these sales must be arranged with Greg
Any questions: please contact Greg Dingel.email@example.com (515) 294-6727