WED JUNIOR GOLF 2022
Greg Dingel, PGA Professional, and the Veenker Memorial Golf Course staff are back to offer this outstanding Junior Golf Program. The program will meet for 8 weeks beginning on June 8th and running through July 27th. Each clinic begins at 8:00 a.m. and runs through 12:00 noon with a short intermission available around 10:00 to allow students time to purchase snacks and cool off on those steamy days. Juniors 10 and under will play 3 to 6 holes each week and then receive instruction for their last 2 hours. Juniors 11 and over will receive instruction to start the day, followed by the opportunity to play 6-9 holes. Juniors will return to the shelter area adjacent to the clubhouse to be picked up between 11:45 to 12:00.
These sessions are designed for boys and girls ages 7 – 13 who are interested in learning and enjoying the game of golf. Children must be 7 years old by at least July 1st. The price of the program is $250.00 this year! Additionally, entry to The Iowa Games Golf Tournament, Wed July 27th, is included in this fee and is one of our Jr. Golf days. All Veenker Jr Golfers will receive a tee gift.
During instruction all aspects of the game will be covered including: etiquette, FUNdamentals, putting, chipping, pitching, full swing irons, full swing woods, and rules of the game.
Fill out the printable registration form. and return to Veenker Memorial Golf Course with your payment.
This program will be limited to 50 participants.
PGA JUNIOR LEAGUE 2022
PGA Junior League Golf (PGA JLG) is a nationwide program now offered on Thursday for advanced players. PGA JLG is designed to better socialize the game of golf for your golfers in either the 17U Division or the 13U Division. The PGA JLG program features a team-vs-team format in a structured league using a popular, low-stress, scramble format.
PGA JLG is an inclusive program that encourages all skill levels. We suggest that players achieve a minimum basic level of competence in at least one discipline; driving, chipping or putting, before joining a team. The scramble format provides a comfort zone for the developing player. For the accomplished Junior who may already be competing in individual tournaments, PGA JLG offers the opportunity to develop leadership skills in a team setting and most importantly, play on a team with friends. PGA JLG is a great way to get the entire family involved in golf, with parents as spectators, team-parents, and even coaches. Similar to other youth recreational sports, PGA JLG encourages and relies on parental involvement. In addition to making sure participants get to matches and practices, parents can play an important role in the success of their team as team captain/assistant, coach, team parent, match monitor/scorer or player recruitment.
SUMMER 2022 SCHEDULE
The regular season is eight weeks long from June 9th to July 28th. We will play 9 holes each day with practice to follow. We will hold practice Thursday from 8:00 AM till 12 PM during the week. There will also be 5-6 matches during the season.
Both 13U & 17U ~ CHANCE TO COMPETE NATIONALLY
At the end of the season, an All-Star team is formed to compete in a regional event.
- 2-Team Jerseys
- Performance T-Shirt
- PGA JLG Bag Tags
- 5-6 Regular-season league competitions
- Instructionfrom a PGA Professional
- Team practices
- Drawstring bag
- Opportunity for All-Star Advancement
- Green and Range Fees included in program fee
VEENKER 72 TASK FORCE
Organized to break par, this is a 9 month program provided in a structured format. We will cover all facets of the traditional golf game, plus tournament scheduling, player resume building, college recruitment mentoring and more.
- Junior tournament player interested in building their resume
- High school player looking to improve all aspects of their game and compete for state championships
- Accomplished player looking to play in college
During the School Year
- Minimum of one 9-hole round per week (Student must put score into GHIN)
- Minimum of one focused practice day per week
- Minimum of two 18-hole rounds per week
- Minimum of two structured practices per week (Thursday PGA JLG and Friday Task Force only)
- Minimum of 4 tournaments ~ tournament options will be agreed upon by student and Greg
- Minimum of 8 volunteer days for Veenker Jr. Programs (Wednesday)
- Veenker Junior Winter Program
- Thursday Junior Summer Program
- Season Pass
- Range Pass
- Player resume building
- College recruitment mentoring
- PGA instruction
- GHIN/USGA handicap
- Arccos Golf Performance Tracking for use while in program
- Veenker Task Force Polo
- Merchandise Discount - All students will receive discounts on merchandise purchased from Veenker; must be arranged with Greg
- Membership to Veenker winter performance center. (Restrictions apply)
- Veenker scorecard holder
- Tracking and progress reports
- 72 Task force headcover & level achievement pins
Payment plans are available.