WED JUNIOR GOLF 2020
Greg Dingel, PGA Professional, and the Veenker Memorial Golf Course staff are back to offer this outstanding Junior Golf Program. The program will meet for 8 weeks beginning on June 3rd and running through July 22nd. Each clinic begins at 8:00 a.m. and runs through 12:00 noon with a short intermission available around 10:00 to allow students time to purchase snacks and cool off on those steamy days. Juniors 10 and under will play 3 to 6 holes each week and then receive instruction for their last 2 hours. Juniors 11 and over will receive instruction to start the day, followed by the opportunity to play 6-9 holes. Juniors will return to the shelter area adjacent to the clubhouse to be picked up between 11:45 to 12:00.
These sessions are designed for boys and girls ages 7 – 13 who are interested in learning and enjoying the game of golf. Children must be 7 years old by at least July1st. The price of the program is $225.00 this year! This will include a year-end picnic (date TBA). Additionally, entry to The Iowa Games Golf Tournament, Wed July 15th, is included in this fee and is one of our Jr. Golf days. All Veenker Jr Golfers will receive a tee gift.
During instruction all aspects of the game will be covered including: etiquette, FUNdamentals, putting, chipping, pitching, full swing irons, full swing woods, and rules of the game.
Fill out the printable registration form. and return to Veenker Memorial Golf Course with your payment.
This program will be limited to 50 participants.
PGA JUNIOR LEAGUE ~ 2020 Updates coming soon.
PGA Junior League Golf (PGA JLG) is a nationwide program now offered on Thursday for advanced players. PGA JLG is designed to better socialize the game of golf for your golfers 13 and under. We will also have a team this year for the 14 to 17 age division, and this will just be the Central Iowa junior league. The program features a team-vs-team format in a structured league providing a popular low-stress scramble format.
PGA JLG is an inclusive program that encourages all skill levels. We suggest that players achieve a minimum basic level of competence in at least one discipline; driving, chipping or putting, before joining a team. Our scramble format provides a comfort zone for the developing player. For the accomplished Junior who may already be competing in individual tournaments, PGA JLG offers the opportunity to develop leadership skills in a team setting and most importantly, play on a team with friends. PGA JLG is a great way to get the entire family involved in golf, with parents as spectators, team-parents, and even coaches. Similar to other youth recreational sports, PGA JLG encourages and relies on parental involvement. In addition to making sure participants get to matches and practices, parents can play an important role in the success of their team as team captain/assistant, coach, team parent, match monitor/scorer or player recruitment.
SUMMER 2019 SCHEDULE
The regular season is eight weeks long from June 6th to August 1st. We will play 9 holes each day with practice to follow. We will hold practice Thursday from 8:00 AM till 12 PM during the week. There will also be 5-6 matches during the season.
CHANCE TO COMPETE NATIONALLY
(13 and under only)
At the end of the season, we will form an All-Star team and compete in a regional event. Qualifying for All-Stars may go past August 5th.
- 2-Team Jerseys
- Performance T-Shirt
- PGA JLG Bag Tags
- 5-6 Regular-season league competitions
- Instructionfrom a PGA Professional
- Team practices
- Drawstring bag
- Opportunity for All-Star Advancement
- Green and Range Fees included in program fee
VEENKER 72 TASK FORCE
Organized to break par, this is a year-long program provided in a structured format. We will cover all facets of the traditional golf game, plus tournament scheduling, player resume building, college recruitment mentoring and more.
- Junior tournament player interested in building their resume
- High school player looking to improve all aspects of their game and compete for state championships
- Accomplished player looking to play in college
During the School Year
- Minimum of one 9-hole round per week (Student must put score into GHIN)
- Minimum of one focused practice day per week
- Minimum of two 18-hole rounds per week
- Minimum of two structured practices per week (Thursday PGA JR and Friday task force only)
- Minimum of 4 tournaments ~ tournament options will be agreed upon by student and Greg
- Minimum of 8 volunteer days for Veenker Jr. Programs (Wednesday)
Cost: $1000 (Regular price is $2200)
- Veenker Junior Winter Program
- Thursday Junior Summer Program
- Season Pass
- Range access during practice and play days
- Player resume building
- College recruitment mentoring
- PGA instruction
- GHIN handicap
- Arccos Golf Performance Trackingfor use while in program
- Veenker Task Force Polo
- Merchandise Discount - All students will receive discounts on any soft goods and / or hard goods purchased from Veenker; all of these sales must be arranged with Greg
- Membership to Veenker winter performance center. (Restrictions apply
- Veenker scorecard holder
- Tracking and progress reports
- 72 Task force headcover to show levels
Payment plans are available.